Friday, January 14, 2011

January 13th, 2010

This marks three weeks to the day of my first chemo treatment....it also marks the day that my hair starts to fall out.

I knew it was coming, I was prepared...or so I thought?!

I was combing my hair (next to my daughter) and noticed an unusual amount of hair on the comb, I thought "is that mine?". Then I threw in some mouse through the hair...only to have my hands come back covered in my fine hairs. I knew it was time.

This morning (the day after) I woke up to my pillow covered in my hair....I have since had my hair shaved off and am sporting my wig. I have yet to see myself without my hair...it makes me a little uneasy...even though I'll have to face reality.

Right now I'm more concerned about dealing with my cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment