Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I should have started this long ago.

My story begins here....

September 11, 2010...my husband left for a company fishing trip. I got up and headed for the shower. For whatever reason I decided to examine my breasts....something I remember doing back in June (casually), probably for the first time in a year or so. I noticed something strange...a lump. My immediate reaction was to turn my eyes to the ceiling and voice out `damn it`. For whatever reason I knew that this lump was different.

I remember telling Tony when he got home...`I don`t want to concern you but...I found a lump in my breast`. And then I called my doctor and set up an appointment for a couple of days later.

I was scheduled for a mammogram three weeks later and ended up with 11 zaps to the boobs....two on the right and 9 on the left...with an unconfirmed ultrasound. When you have an ultra sound technician ask you if `there is a history of breast cancer` in the family and then the doctor coming in and saying `well I`m not getting a clear picture from the ultrasound but I`m worried about what the mammogram is showing me`....you start to worry.

The biopsy was set up for October 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment